D-Pace is seeking Physics or Engineering Physics PhD candidates who have secured funding to work at our Ion Source Test Facility in Auckland, New Zealand.
Mechanical Designer Position
About the job:
D-Pace is seeking a full-time Mechanical Engineering Technologist (Dipl. T-Mech) for our office in Nelson, BC. The successful applicant will be required to reside in or relocate to Nelson. The starting wage is between $25/hour and $32/hour, dependent on experience. D-Pace offers a comprehensive benefits package in addition to two weeks vacation pay and one week of flex time. Please note, we do not require a Mechanical Engineer-in-Training or Mechanical Engineer at this time.
Cover Letter must include:
- Why you want to live in British Columbia’s Kootenay region
- A description of your passion for mechanical design
- How you manage information to ensure accurate, relevant, and timely delivery throughout the project lifecycle. Explain the importance of developing habits that consistently catch errors, record accurate and timely information, communicate in a clear and rigorous manner to your audience, and present well-organized concepts. Explain the impact of your workflow on all stakeholders.
- Why confidentiality is important regarding Intellectual Property rights of clients
- Why you are an excellent and enjoyable team member to collaborate with
About the Company:
Dehnel - Particle Accelerator Components and Engineering, Inc. (D-Pace) supplies products and services to the international commercial accelerator industry. Our areas of expertise include charged particle transport systems and components for the cyclotron, ion implanter, and linear accelerator segments of the industry.
D-Pace is a small engineering company located in Nelson, BC. Our company includes mechanical design, mechanical engineering, physics, computer programming/IT, and administrative staff.
Typical projects involve concept generation to detailed design for:
- Vacuum boxes, beam tubes and bellows
- Support structures (Frames & Stands)
- Beam stops, slits, collimators and other diagnostic equipment
For further information regarding D-Pace, Inc., please browse www.d-pace.com
A Mechanical Technologist with 0 to 5 years of experience is sought for a position involving significant 3D modeling, drafting, and mechanical design work. The applicant should have:
- Competent mechanical design and drafting skills, and excellent Inventor and/or SolidWorks skills
- Mechanical hands-on aptitude and can-do attitude
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to compose correspondence and other written materials independently
- Ability to quickly learn operations and follow policies and procedures of the company
- Ability to focus and meet schedules and deadlines
- A strong work ethic, respect for confidentiality, and enthusiasm for mechanical design
Millwright, Machinist, or Industrial Fabrication Shop experience is an asset.
About the Region:
Nelson, BC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelson,_British_Columbia) is one of the hippest towns in BC and is the #1 small arts town in Canada and in the top 5 in North America. Outdoor recreation thrives within this eclectic town, which has nearly 10,000 residents. Nelson offers a wide variety of trendy shops and great restaurants. Nelson is located in the Selkirk Mountains on the extreme West Arm of Kootenay Lake in the Southern Interior of British Columbia.
In the winter, skiing (downhill and cross country) and snowboarding are Nelson's primary outdoor activities. Whitewater Ski Resort, renowned for receiving over 12 metres / 40 feet of light, dry, powder snow every season, is only 20 minutes from Nelson http://www.skiwhitewater.com/. Mountain biking is part of the local culture, and Nelson offers a wide variety of trails for all levels of experience. Ainsworth Hot Springs, featuring a unique horseshoe cave, is only 40 minutes from Nelson http://www.hotnaturally.com/.
Please submit resumes and cover letters in PDF or Word format by email to email@example.com